How do I fulfil my corporate social responsibility?
When I decided to take redundancy in 2009, I made a choice to “plant seeds in my local community”. I know that sounds odd but that’s how I see it.
I believe very strongly that:
- we make the society we are part of.
- we all have an impact on local, national and international issues.
My choice to “plant seeds in my local community” is my way of expressing how I have that impact.
- By helping local people to be the best that they can be, I help to create a community where people are successful and empowered. You choose what sort of seed you become, I just help you water and feed the land. I teach you how to THRIVE.
- By raising awareness of local, national and international problems, I am part of the movement for change, the movement for improvement. I’m part of the solutions.
My recent and on-going voluntary actions to make a change:
- GMC partner work
- 2012 Olympic Games Props Volunteer
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer 8K run
- Peace Hospice 5K cycle there 5K run and 5K cycle back
- Work with Watford Job Centre Plus to help people build their confidence, change their lives and find rewarding work
- Governor of Oxhey Early Years Centre
- Olympic 5mile run for the RNIB
- RNIB 10K run
- Presentation to A level students at The Douay Martyrs School, Ickenham
Watford Job Centre work
I am also helping people get back to work or overcome other personal difficulties by providing Thrive Programme training to some people free of charge. If you are unemployed and signing on at Watford Job Centre Plus, then please ask your Job Centre Plus Advisor to call me and arrange your initial consultation. The Advisors’ reference number for this opportunity is WTF/33768.
I’m supporting Link4Growth, a nationwide not for profit Community Building organisation helping to transform the UK from the ground up. By connecting local people, businesses and charities together we can get the best from the opportunities out there to improve our communities and our lives. I’m helping to support the events, the online presence and the strategy behind the initiative.
If you want to help then please contact me to discuss the possibilities.
In particular if you want to help:
- people find rewarding work
- Oxhey Early Years Centre to make a difference in the local community
- RNIB by sponsoring me in my running challenges this year